It happens to all of us – we feel guilty because we’re not enjoying motherhood. So, why do we constantly put pressure on ourselves to try to love it all?
Here’s some ways to reframe your mindset on enjoying motherhood:
- Be grateful for all of it, even the parts you don’t enjoy, and focus on what has been good.
- Stop and take a break when things are good – soak it in and hold onto it for when you might need a good memory later.
- Put down distractions – use the juggle free challenge to help!
- Let go of what you think you should be doing and see motherhood for what it really is.
- Acknowledge that you probably won’t enjoy every part of motherhood – especially if things are outside of your control.
Taking these steps helps us to focus on what we can enjoy about motherhood and push past times when we don’t enjoy it because we know – we’re still blessed and we don’t have to feel ashamed. The season we are in will come and it will go. The overall experience on this journey of motherhood is what matters.